Next Generation is an exciting summer program that brings together approximately 30-40 young professionals. Participants interact with community leaders, network with professionals, and go behind the scenes to explore difficult issues facing our community and learn from our successes. While exploring what it means to be a community trustee, this diverse group will learn from each other through interactive and problem solving activities.
During the summer, the class will attend a Meet the Class Reception, Opening Retreat, four Program Days and a Closing Retreat. Program days will address various aspects of our community – from government to the arts.
The program invites young professionals, undergraduate or graduate students between the ages of 21 and 30 years old who have demonstrated leadership at work, in the community or in college.
Program Dates: Next Generation 2024 will begin with a Class Reception on Thursday, May 30.
The program runs from June 7 – August 3, 2024
Complete calendar below.
Program Fee: $500 (Limited scholarships available)
- To become a responsible, ethical leader committed to active community involvement and trusteeship.
- To encourage participants to live and work in Northeast Florida and serve as a community trustee.
- To gain a greater understanding of contemporary issues through interaction and problem solving with peers, leaders and decision makers from all segments of the community.
- To broaden participants’ perspective and understanding of Northeast Florida’s assets and potential, stimulate interest and encourage a team approach in resolving community problems.
NextGen Class Selection:
A committee of Leadership Jacksonville Alumni reviews the applications and conducts Zoom interviews during April. The NextGen 2024 class will be selected in May.
Dates for NextGen 2024:
- Thursday, May 30: Meet the Class Reception 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 7– Saturday, June 8: Opening Retreat (Mandatory) (Fri) 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. & (Sat) 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 18: Creating a Caring Community 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29: Exploring Our Community 9:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 10: Exposing Our Community’s Culture 12:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 22: Building Bridges for the Future 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3: Closing Retreat 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
“This has been an eye opener into Jacksonville that people don’t normally get. I’ve gained knowledge of history, ideas, hopes, dreams and goals from people behind the scenes that I never knew existed. It has reinforced my desire to make Jacksonville better.”